Mastodon Help send John Englart and Tarryn to blog the Paris COP21 climate talks | Climate Citizen --> Mastodon

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Help send John Englart and Tarryn to blog the Paris COP21 climate talks


I announced late December 2014 my intention of attending and reporting on the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) conference in Paris from November 30 to December 11 2015. I have been following the climate science, and climate negotiations for some 10 years now.

The Paris climate talks are a significant landmark for whether the international community will negotiate an effective agreement to limit greenhouse gas emissions and reduce global warming or not.



The window of opportunity for limiting warming to a 2C rise above pre-industrial levels is quickly closing. This is our last and best chance to limit the damage and inter-generational theft that climate change will inflict on present and future generations.



This year I decided I want to report live from the climate negotiations, via twitter, facebook and blog reports to nofibs.com.au, Indymedia Australia and Climate Action Moreland, my local climate action group. I will be going with my teenage daughter who will also help me blog the event and provide a teen perspective.

But we can't do this by ourselves. I have launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds to cover our accommodation and living expenses for 3 weeks while in Paris. I am negotiating to stay in Youth Hostel style accomodation that is being organised by Civil Society groups for bloggers like myself and Tarryn.

Chip in some money to help cover our basic expenses. The return on the investment will be to ensure some great on the ground live reporting from the Climate talks. I hope in particular to track the Australian negotiators and what contribution they make to a global agreement to limit greenhouse gas emissions and tackle climate change.

I am active in my local climate group, Climate Action Moreland and I am across many of the climate related policies of the City of Moreland. I hope to informally talk with and network among many other climate, environmental and social justice activists from around the world for a cross-pollination of ideas and strategies particularly for local groups and action within urban areas and at the municipal level.

Your donation, whatever amount you can spare, will help Tarryn and I provide you with some really great first hand live reporting and impressions of this important conference. If you can't donate, please share for others to consider contributing. And when we are in Paris live tweeting, facebooking and blogging, share our posts often and widely.

Visit my Ozcrowd Fundraising campaign page to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment